Monday, December 2, 2013

My Little Pony party

My daughter turned 4 and she wanted a pony party.  Mostly because she wanted a pony on her cake like her cousin had a barbie on her cake.  It's not easy creating unique items for a My Little Pony party so I did buy a lot of items.  I thought that I would share what I got and how the party turned out.

Papa is a baker so he made the cake.  The most important things that she wanted on her cake were a rainbow and ponies.  So papa iced the cakes all up and put on the rainbow.  It broke a little in the process and he was disappointed.  She didn't care.  She decorated the rest and she was so excited that she got to do it.  What a great memory for her.

Did you  know that the little picture on the pony's butt is a cutie mark?  So this is pin the cutie mark on the pony.  A big hit with the birthday girl.

And the birthday girl got to decorate the treat bags.  I added a rainbow cut from the Create a Critter cartridge and added the kids names.  I found the barrettes, tattoos, and blowouts from www.partycity.com.  The pin a cutie mark on the pony also came from www.partycity.com

I used the Cricut Craft Room to create this shape card for the birthday girl.  Sorry, I don't remember which cartridge the font came from.  To make this card, I copied the number 4 and then flipped the copy horizontally.  Then weld the top edges together to create the fold.  I then cut a slightly smaller 4 from the patterned paper to decorate the top.  Very simple and cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment