Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Horse Swing

Woodworking project

I haven't been able to post any projects lately because I've been exploring my other hobbies.  I love woodworking but haven't had the time with 2 little kids.  I needed a birthday gift for my niece so I thought that this was a great excuse to get my tools out once again.


My niece just turned 2 and I thought that she would love a new swing.  My son also loved it (above) so I need to make another one.  I found the plans from The Windfield Collection and they were so easy to follow.  I used my bandsaw to cut out the seat and body.  Then rounded over the edges with a router.  The handle and foot rest were dowel rods.  Then I assembled it and added the mane and tail.  All of the kids loved it and someone was on it at all times during the birthday party.




I am also in the middle of building a swingset for my kids.  Here is my son helping me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment