Sunday, September 8, 2013

John Deere Party

My son recently turned one and in honor of the giant John Deere tractor my husband just bought, we had a themed party.  My Dad decorated the cake like a construction site.  We were able to find chocolate rocks in 2 sizes at the local cake store.  He made the hill out of cupcakes and iced it and decorated it with crushed Oreos.  The picture doesn't do the cake justice.



I made party gifts for the kids who came to celebrate.  I found the buckets and shovels on Oriental Trading.com.  I put the shovel in a green cellophane bag and filled it with M&Ms.  I made chocolate tractor suckers from a mold I found at the local cake decorating store.  Then I cut out the kids names on the Cricut.  I cut vinyl using all settings at 3 and it turned out perfect.  The vinyl is really stuck to the buckets and I think that it will last a long time.  The font is from Cricut Craftroom Basics.



I also found a large bucket at Michael's and added the birthday boy's name to it and filled it with dirt cake.  I added gummy worms and chocolate rocks for a "realistic effect".  This font is from Close To My Heart Art Philosophy.

Happy Birthday Connor!



No comments:

Post a Comment